Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Nokia has unveiled a simple £13 mobile phone that can last for 35 days on a single charge. It is aimed at emerging markets where electricity is rare, but could also be sold as a back-up phone.
The Nokia 105, which is set to go on sale within weeks, has a colour screen, built-in torch and an FM radio.
It’s now the cheapest phone in the Finnish firm’s range, and was hailed as ‘the ultimate festival phone’ at its launch.
A spokesman for Nokia said: ‘The phone was created to offer the essentials – phone calls and SMS – but also some desirable extras.
Nokia’s experience in optimizing phone quality, combined with its global footprint and economies of scale, is a major contributor to being able to work to such a low price.’
The firm also used the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona to launch three other low-cost devices, including a £120 smartphone, the Lumia 520.
Experts predict this will be a big year for cheap smartphones, as firms try to attract customers in the developing world.
The smartphone, which operates with Windows 8, could be perfect for colder countries with its super-sensitive touch-screen technology, meaning it can be used while wearing gloves, the firm said.
But with experts predicting a big year for cheap smartphones as developers try to make inroads into the developing world, the Lumia 520 could be seen in India or Africa more than Scandinavia.
The phone also comes with a 5-megapixel camera and access to the music streaming service Nokia Music.
Those two phones were launched alongside the Lumia 720, which Nokia is pitching at ‘socialites’, and the £56 ‘candybar’-style 301.
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop told the press : ‘Today we’re introducing the world’s most innovative portfolio of products.
‘For Nokia the building blocks are in place and now we have to make sure that all of this capability, all of this beauty in design, everything that we have done in terms of great product making is put into the hands of consumers and that’s what we’re focused on today.’
Samsung will unveil the next generation of its Galaxy smartphone in New York City next month. It comes after Apple overtook Samsung as the top mobile phone seller in the US in the fourth quarter of 2012.
About a month ago, it was reported that parents-to-be Kim and Kanye plunked down $11 million for a 10,000-square-foot Bel Air mansion.
Now it’s being reported that the new Italian style home has been quietly put back on the market. That is according to The Real Estate Stalker.
Property records do indeed now reveal that in late January 2013 the couple – or at least Miss Kardashian through the same trust connected her former faux-Tuscan in the Bev Hills P.O.—coughed up an undisclosed amount of moolah for the big ol’ Bel Air Crest crib in question that sits on three-quarters of an acre with scenic canyon and city views and was last listed with a $10,750,000 price tag.
However, don’t count on K.K and Kanye to gut or expand the five bedroom and 6.5 bathroom mock-Med McMansion, as was previously reported they planned to do. In fact, don’t even count on them moving into the damn house because, according to Patty, they are already in escrow to flip the pricey pad for about a million bucks more than the still unknown amount they paid for the place just three weeks ago.